I live in Oklahoma. The middle of February is, from my memory, the coldest and suckiest time of the year. It isn’t that I love weeks on end of triple digit heat, but I damn sure do not like the snow (or ice). It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve gone outside. In fact, there’s a good 12″ of snow in my yard (still…although it’s melting). It isn’t that unusual for me to stay home because I am extremely introverted. So, here is a boring listicle of 6 things I did during the polar vortex.
- I found out how amazing Discovery Plus is. I really don’t know why no one told me. I use the cheap version of Hulu with Disney Plus. We always watched Discovery, Discovery IG, and the rest of the channels on Discovery Plus. So for the $7 (no ads), we get everything we used to watch. Uh, yes please.
- I found the sweet spot for working around the photophobia. That is getting up by 5 am and starting work by 5:15 or 5:30 am (my summer schedule), working until 9:30 am or so, taking an hour break, and working the other four hours. It’s darker in the house in the morning. That, my glasses, and F.lux make it a lot easier for my eyes. I’m done with the heavy duty stuff by lunch time.
- I spend my afternoons crocheting, using my loom, or some other no-screen craft. So that should pretty much explain my absence.
- I spend a lot of time thinking about articles I want to write for myself about business. I love business. That’s all I can really say. I’ve written two on Medium.
- I’ve been making recipes from This Savory Vegan. Bull likes them quite a bit and so do I. We also signed up for Imperfect Foods.
- One day at Walmart before the first snow storm we spent just as much money on ice cream as we did on organic produce. In our defense, some of the ice cream was for a birthday.
So, that’s about it.