I don’t need to rehash what’s happening in the world. If you need to know anything about me, #BlackLivesMatter.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, I’ll keep this short because I know too much information can do the same thing.
- Turn off the television. Yes, I know.
- You don’t have to do everything at once. Just breathe. And it’s okay to take a break. I know the world feels like it is coming apart at the seams. I know it’s scary.
- It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to be angry. It’s okay to have all the feelings.
- If you’re looking to get things done (I know that makes me feel better), it’s okay to start small. Make a list. Sometimes building momentum helps.
- Meditate. Start with ten seconds and try to have no thoughts at all. I know that’s hard with all the shit happening. Zero thoughts. If necessary, use an app or use a focus phrase.
Bad times don’t last forever. Your overwhelm won’t last forever, either. I promise. Remember that this is an issue about humanity, and not just an issue about the color of skin.